A workspace or office is an essential place that needs health safety measures. The regular hustle of the office crowd and workforce needs a clean environment to make sure that no one has to leave home because of allergies or sickness. The physical and mental tranquility of an indoor workspace adds to people’s productivity and efficiency.
It is not that cleaning is necessary for the workers only; it is also for the visitors and clients. Keeping an office clean and organized can save you a lot of weekly hours. Commercial cleaning services are always a great help when you want to save time and keep your office spick and span for everyday productivity. Here’s how to maintain order and cleanliness in your workplace offices-
Organize Loose Papers
Any office space is prone to have a lot of paperwork. No company has been able to get rid of paper documentation that stays as proof and reference for years. Hence, there can be a pile of paper somewhere in every office. Loose paperwork piled around the workplace is not only a reason for mess but also makes it time-consuming when you’re trying to look for a document for reference. Here’s how to organize paperwork-
- Storing away documents in order needs the use of filing cabinets. Every company office has those. So use them to store things like invoices, work orders, budget estimates, client and vendor information, and product specs. Use a file to define the kind of documents you’re storing. Label the files and store similar kinds of documents together in cabinets.
- If some files and documents need to be out for current use, you must make sure you don’t clutter your desks with the papers. With such documents, you must use proper desk tools for storage. Desktop trays and wall mounted paper pockets are the best tools for organizing paperwork in use.
- Saving space is essential for offices, and documents take a lot of space to store. Look for documents that are not going to be in use for a long time. Scan and store them digitally for future use and get rid of the hard copies
Cleaning is not just about presentation but also about the health and safety of the employees and customers. Restrooms are always a regular use place in offices, and cleaning such a place is necessary to see the number of infectious germs that can spread.
- Toilet bowls must be cleaned frequently with disinfectants and toilet brushes. Make sure the lid, the seat, and circumference of the bowl are dry. Clean the tank, flush levers, and the floor below the seat with disinfectant. Use deodorizing cakes to keep the freshness going between cleaning sessions.
- Clean and wipe the sink and counter with disinfectants.
- Sweep and clean the floor once you’re done with cleaning the upper levels.
Cleaning the Break Rooms
Any office’s break room can turn into the most unhygienic place because of food and beverages preparation and storage. Hence, the cleanliness of the break room is necessary for the health and safety of the employees. A clean break room will also increase the morale of the employees trying to get away from their tables for a while.
- The break room refrigerator must be kept hygienic. Always clean and organize the refrigerator. Throw out old food and keep the refrigerator’s surfaces clean using a rag dampened with disinfectants.
- Spray disinfectant on the counters, sinks, microwaves, and furniture and wipe it off with a wet cloth.
- The inside of a microwave must be cleaned every day. The cooking and spurting inside the microwave create a mess, and it can get hard to clean if left.
- If you have a dish drainer at use, clean it every day to prevent mildew. Always clean the dishes thoroughly and dry them to prevent infections.
If things turn out to different when you clean up your office or see inefficient cleaning, there are always commercial cleaning services that provide deep clean sessions for a low price. It will deeply disinfect your office and keep up the preventability.